Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Swimming!

After my abnormal, horrific, panic-filled, epic KS 70.3 swim (24 minutes slower than my goal time and much time spent hanging on to boats in the choppy / 35-39 male infested waters)...I really want to redeem myself and get that swim PR at Boulder 70.3.

So tonight I had one of the best swims maybe ever! Over the last few months, Kathy Boyd helped me with my high elbow/body roll, arm position, and hand entry. I had to figure out what to tackle next!

Over the weekend I was checking out swimsmooth.com and got ideas to try some new things with my catch and pull. It immediately felt different and like I was pushing more water than ever before. It felt as though I was moving through the water more efficiently and faster. It immediately took seconds off my 50/100 times without expending any more effort than usual. Towards the end I got a bit tired, but still felt decent.

I will continue to work on this...I've really grown to love swimming over the last couple of years but I really want to make a breakthrough and get faster now.

No comments: