Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mojo

Austin Powers: So I started to work my mojo, to counter their mojo; we got cross-mojulation, and their heads started exploding.

Dr. Evil: Mojo: The libido. The life force. The essence. The right stuff. What the French call a certain... I don't know what.

Jerry Springer on Austin Powers: You know, what have we learned here today? Perhaps it's that no one can take your mojo. You can look around all you want, but what you're really trying to find is on the inside. Take care of yourself, and each other.

Austin Powers: I've lost my mojo.

I think I got my triathlon mojo back! We'll soon see, as I will be doing my "last" Half Ironman for awhile. It's time to mix things up, all this long distance stuff is hard work. Not that there is anything wrong with hard work, but it's time for fun and something different. How long have I been saying that I want to try some other things but I never get around to it because I'm doing long swim/bike/runs all the time??? A long time...4 years. I want to crank out some shorter races and focus on power again...and maybe some speed! Relatively speaking of course.

So going into this last 70.3, I'm actually stronger on the bike than I have been in a long time thanks to some group training rides. I'm feeling "okay" about my swim. My running not sure...it might be "okay" as well. I guess we'll find out!

KS 70.3 was possibly my worst race ever, and it's time to celebrate and have some joy & fun. After KS, there is nowhere to go but up right?

No comments: