Sunday, June 20, 2010

2010 KC Corporate Challenge Triathlon

June 20th, 2010

Although I'm doing Ironman Louisville this year, my first love is the sprint triathlon. Some might say they are 'not enough' but I just love to crank them out!

Particularly the course at Shawnee Mission Park, my 'home course' and first triathlon back in 2000! With that many years of history on the course, it is fun to see how my times have changed.

Since then, I've cut almost 8 minutes from my time ~ as of my 1:02:32 today! This morning I had 5 personal bests: overall, transition 1 & 2, bike, and run. My overall demeanor during the race was determined...I was feeling the pressure of the clock and really wanted that personal best time!

Swim 500 ~ 11:26 (+ :51 on my personal best); Ranked 37th
T1 ~ 1:40
Bike 9 miles ~ 28:37:00 18.9 mph avg; Ranked 6th
T2 ~ :51
Run 2.4 miles ~ 20:00 8:20/mile avg; Ranked 15th

Overall 1:02:32 for 11th / 113.

I had a great time and enjoyed a gorgeous day. It was also fun to see everyone out there...a lot of KC Multisporters and newbies. The only thing I wasn't really that happy about was the swim. It really put my PR in jeapardy! Luckily it all worked out.

Today came the day after an 80 mile bike ride! I felt great both days. What did NOT feel great was the 8 mile training run after the race today. Hot, bonky, and cranky pretty much sums that up. I better buck up!

No comments: